Monday, October 9, 2023

About a Photographer

Sequential images Duane Michals



Duane Michals is an American photographer (b. 1932, McKeesport, PA) who uses innovative photos technics to see the emotions and philosophy.


"In recognition of his contributions to photography, Michals has been honored with a CAPS Grant (1975), a National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship (1976), the International Center of Photography Infinity Award for Art (1989), the Foto España International Award (2001), and an Honorary Doctorate of Fine Arts from Montserrat College of Art, Beverly, Mass. (2005)."





                                      
                                                        Duane Michals Sequences - Bing

The photographs make me laugh. Man taking something that makes him feel so chilled and happy after or is just pretending to make our imagination taking over to think that. 

"The best part of us is not what we see, it's what we feel. We are what we feel. We are not what we look at. We're not our eyeballs, we're our mind. People believe their eyeballs and they're totally wrong." Duane Michals (1970)
 
I like to see the happiness in people that's why Duane Michal's photographs are my inspiration. In my work I would like to express it more with my puppy who gives me so much love.

I used my Galaxy S23 Ultra to make quick photos of my dog called Summer.






I created a contact sheet using the contact sheet generator and then I created canvas of 5 photographs using Canva app,






Reflecting on this set of images I wanted to express the love and happiness that dog gives me through the eyes. The love is unconditional and so strong that only dog can give. My inspirational photographer Duane Michals says: “Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.”




REFERENCES

Duane Michals, on what we feel (no date) Harvey Benge. Available at: http://harveybenge.blogspot.com/2010/11/duane-michals-on-what-we-feel.html (Accessed: 29 October 2023).

Inspiringquotes.us (2023a) Quotes, Inspiring Quotes. Available at: https://www.inspiringquotes.us/quotes/jYTf_lQ8CZ3Ut (Accessed: 29 October 2023).










No comments:

Post a Comment

Children photography

Sally Mann photography is challenging the audience. Her artistic children photography is enigmatic and controversial. '' Described b...