Saturday, January 13, 2024

Object Lesson: Postcard

To begin we had to choose an object to develop an idea and I picked the postcard with man and the dog. I have chosen spontaneously without much of the thought. I have picked as the dog brought my attention but it appeared to be a menswear and womenswear luxury lingerie and nightwear, inspired by 1970s fashion and lifestyle by Kelly Alleyne. I love fashion and unique items so that could bring some interesting, deep creative thinking. In 1970s fashion was all about individuality and expression. Bright colours, bold patterns, lots of texture. The more unique we are the most interesting we become.







I have been thinking of drawing for a while now as I have got tools needed from a while now so I will use it and Summer, my dog will be the first I will start my drawing with. I hope she will inspire me to  bigger ideas so lets see but for now I will start with the first drawing ever in my life.

There she is... 





Following further research I get into 1970 vintage jewellery of Gloria Vanderbilt an American artist fashion designer. “Gloria Vanderbilt was an extraordinary woman, who loved life, and lived it on her own terms.” (McLaughlin, 2019). “She was 95 years old, but ask anyone close to her, and they’d tell you: She was the youngest person they knew – the coolest and most modern.”


  


Next I wanted to show the unique jewellery they were wearing in 1970s. Huge, standing out, showing the class, importance and glamour. In closed future I might draw some of my own. Fashion and jewellery makes a difference to our visual opinion of people. 


 






REFERENCES:


HuffPost UK. (2019). Photos Of Gloria Vanderbilt’s Most Iconic Fashion Moments. [online] Available at: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/gloria-vanderbilt-fashion_l_5d07cf2ae4b0ea7c4a4d85f1 [Accessed 15 Jan. 2024].


McLaughlin, E.C. (2019). Fashion icon and artist Gloria Vanderbilt dies at 95. [online] CNN. Available at: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/17/entertainment/gloria-vanderbilt-dies/index.html [Accessed 15 Jan. 2024].

‌‌theyroaredvintage (n.d.). THEY ROARED VINTAGE. [online] Tumblr. Available at: https://theyroaredvintage.tumblr.com/post/10467548779/look-look-look-such-beauty-photo-by-arnaud-de [Accessed 15 Jan. 2024].








2 comments:

  1. Good that you did something new and different, however this really needed more development and you could have added more visual research to show your thought process as this was a development exercise

    ReplyDelete

Children photography

Sally Mann photography is challenging the audience. Her artistic children photography is enigmatic and controversial. '' Described b...