Sunday, February 18, 2024

Book Cover Creation: Photoshop

 I am going to create my book cover using Photoshop. I will show the process here and design decisions.


I began by creating canvas. I did this by going to menu and went to File, then pressed New. Dialog box opened and I chose Print and on A4 orientation of Portrait and have checked the pixels if they are on 300 to have a good quality of print. Then I have chose the white background as I will have a black and white photo.




Then I went on onto Unsplash to find the cover photo. Once I have found it I have downloaded it. 




After I went to the Menu chose the Select All then copy, moved to my A4 print and again went to Menu pressed File and paste the picture. I have  enlarged the photo but I have left some white edges in my cover page. Next, I have changed the colours by going to options, on the righthand side tools. I have chose the creative and sepia so the image looks a bit more dramatic.




Then I have gone to left hand side tools, chose T for text and added title and author of the text to my cover. I have changed the font to Informal Roman.




Finally I saved the cover picture by clicking File in the top menu and Save Us psd and then as jpg onto my desktop to make sure I have the copies in few places. I will finally save into my google drive.

 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Children photography

Sally Mann photography is challenging the audience. Her artistic children photography is enigmatic and controversial. '' Described b...